Image

Image

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Dear Savannah

Yesterday was Christmas. I bet you had a great time celebrating with the King of Kings. We had a quiet day at home opening gifts, playing, and eating nonstop. We lit a candle when we got up and left it burning all day for you. It was harder than I expected to blow it out last night and go to bed. I miss you baby. God says in Psalm 139 that He knit you together in your mother's womb and I know He knit you in my heart too. Your life was short but meant so much to a lot of people. I read somewhere that 1 in 10 babies die before age 1 from pneumonia in Ethiopia. I want you to know that you are not just another statistic. Do you have any idea how many people love you? Did you know that at least 14 kids will get the vaccinations they need because of you? Did you know that people are opening their hearts and their wallets to make a difference for kids who need a family because of you? I love you, sweet baby. I thank the Lord for giving us you and I would do it again tomorrow just for the chance to love you. Give Jesus a big birthday hug from us. Until we meet in heaven, Mommy.

5 comments:

momintraining said...

This Christmas has been a tough one for us as we wait for our court date, but reading this post really helped me put things in perspective. The way you have honored Savannah is beautiful and I appreciate you being so open and sharing your experience with us.

Meg said...

Merry Christmas Savanah!

Amy H said...

Beautifully written from a beautiful heart about a beautiful girl...who is enjoying more beauty than we can even imagine. My heart tearfully goes out to you, Amy.

Loving Life said...

Can't stop sniffling....
Bless you friend! And bless HIM for giving us all a chance to love your sweet girlie right along with you!

Cassie said...

So beautifully written, and brought tears to my eyes Amy. She is so loved by so many!