Image

Image

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas

For those of you who truly are wondering and caring, we are doing well. I can never explain the peace and grace God has bestowed on us this past week. We will always remember our baby girl but I have to say, I never have to worry about her again. She is safe in the arms of the one who loves her deeper than I could ever understand, Jesus. We prayed many times that Savannah would be home before her birthday and she did go home, just not to the one I was thinking of. Now she is waiting for us and what a sweet reunion that will be!

We cannot shake the deep desire and knowing in our hearts we have that there is a baby out there that needs us to bring her home. God is definitely moving our hearts to do just that. Much to our surprise, we feel ready to go ahead with another adoption. Only God could have brought us to this point and we praise Him for it. It is going to be a tough road, fear is going to try to keep us from trying, but God will bring us through it.

I have had a few people make the remark that we "just need to get through the Holidays". I know they mean well and are just expressing their concern but I have to say that the last thing I want to do is "just get through" Christmas. Without Christmas I would not have hope. Jesus, God's only Son, came down at Christmas, grew to be a man, lived without sin, gave His life out of love for me and you, rose on the third day, and saved me! He saved me from my own ugly heart and sinful life and taught me to love. That is the reason we celebrate and I never want to forget it!

2 comments:

JamieLyn said...

Re: this post...Blessed Beyond Measure. I love you all more than words and I am so thankful for the journey that God has walked you through, and that He has allowed me to be met on your path! What gifts from God you are to me...! I love you and I will be praying for your newest, known only to God, baby. May you continue to seek His face and may you never lose sight of your first love!

Sharon @ Texas to Ethiopia said...

I've been thinking about you guys. I'm so glad you're able to keep a positive perspective on the joy in this painful thing that happened. And knowing that, like all of the loved ones who do go before us, we do have that hope to be with them again one day...and to actually know the ones we loved but never met. In times like this I think of my friends who have suffered innumerable miscarriages. There are some pains that only God and time can relieve. There are just no words to say.