Image

Image

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Let Them Praise His Name with Dancing.....

I had a pretty awful attitude last night. I was tired and Toby was heading out for a meeting at our son's school. Usually my husband is a big help in getting Eliza and Sophia ready for bed. He loves to play with them and it's so sweet to see them get some special "Daddy" time. With Toby being gone last night that meant the entire bedtime routine was up to me. Most of the time I am happy to do it and spend some special time with the littles, but last night I was grumpy about it. It was a sad sight indeed. Right in front of me were two little ones playing and being silly and all I could think of was how quickly could I get them to bed and get a break.

After the toys had been picked up the living room was in a state that is rare these days....empty floor space. It was then that it happened. I found myself in an all out dance party praising God for removing my Shackles which lead to dancing and singing about His Victory in my life. There we were, myself and my three youngest tearing it up as best we could to some of our favorite songs and singing with all the pitch problems we could muster.

What a joy to be able to praise the One who doesn't care if I'm singing on key or dancing on the right beat! I'm so thankful for music inspired by Him...just what I needed to remind me how blessed I am!

P.S. If you click on the words Shackles and Victory you can hear what we were dancing to. :)

No comments: