Image

Image

Thursday, May 20, 2010

It's the Little Things.......


Last week we had the chance to take the kids to Seattle for the day. We rode Amtrak up, spent 5 hours in the city, and then rode the train back home. It was a fun trip. Pike Street Market was a hit for me. I think that is where I fell in love with Seattle. They had vegan chocolate chip cookies!!!! Three of the six of us have found we are allergic to dairy so buying a cookie from a bakery has been one luxury we have had to go without. Eliza really enjoyed the street band outside the Space Needle. I gave her a few dollars to put in their donation case. It's a good thing she is so cute because she tried to take some of the coins with her when she was done. Of all the things we did while there, the older kids enjoyed the bumper cars at the Space Needle the most. Little things can mean so much.





We are VERY close to having our dossier off to Ethiopia. It's amazing how quickly things are progressing this time around. As of now we have seen the draft of our home study and are expecting the approved home study any day. Once we receive that we can have it state certified and send off our dossier. At that point we will be on the wait list for a referral. We have no idea how long we will have to wait for a referral but we do know it will not be three years like our first adoption. Just for the record, though, I would wait that long again just for the chance to parent our sweet baby.

Today God reminded me once again that he pays attention to the details. Sometimes you need those reminders. When we started the adoption I knew I wanted to buy the baby crib bedding with African animals on it but everything I saw was pretty spendy. Today I took the kids to a sale of used kid items and found an African animal bedding set! I was so excited! On the way home I called one of my closest friends to share my excitement and she informed me that she had bought us a crib sheet with African animals on it. The sheet matched! I took it as a sweet reminder of God's care about the details.

No comments: