Image

Image

Monday, January 7, 2008

Does she have a Nanny?

We have heard many stories about children having a "nanny" that they are very attached to in China. I sit here and wonder if our daughter has one? I am praying she does-and if so it is an answer to prayer. I want her to feel loved. I know it will be hard for both of them to part when she comes home. I am not wishing this because I want her to experience the pain of losing someone she loves; but to know she was loved by someone (anyone) when we could not be there to hold her ourselves, what a treasure that would be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through RQ and was reading your thought on a Nanny. I wanted to share that our daughter had a special Nanny. We were lucky enough to have a lady take some pictures for us of our daughter while she was visiting the orphanage. In those pictures was a Nanny holding our daughter, and lo and behold the Nanny that handed us our daughter on Gotcha was the same Nanny. It was very hard for our daughter on Gotcha, she really did NOT want to go with us. She kept reaching back for her Nanny. Then the next day when we returned to the Civil Affairs office the Nanny again was there. Our daughter latched on to her again and it was even harder the second time to get her away. All I could do is cry because I knew that this woman truly loved my daughter. But, I will say this, she attached well to us in the end. I had several days where my daughter would not even look me in the eyes. She would constantly look away. It broke my heart. Now though my daughter is so tight ly attached to me that I thank that Nanny for her first attachment. I still keep in touch with the orphanage by sending pictures and little gifts just so that Nanny knows how much she meant to us.

I can't wait to share in the joy of your upcoming referral. I know your just going crazy waiting. This long wait has just been cruel.

Blessings,
Becky
www.babygirlbennett.blogspot.com