Image

Image

Thursday, June 7, 2007

How it all started.

To say that the desire to adopt started when we filled out the paperwork two years ago would not be true. We have found that God started working in our hearts to adopt (specifically from China) before we even had biological children. I don't pretend to understand the ways of God. All I know is the more I get to know Him the more he changes my heart.

"Delight yourself in the Lord; and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4

The more time I spend getting to know my Lord, I find that my selfish desires give way to desires that only could come from Him. I love that He doesn't just take away those desires and leave me out there searching for new ones that are just as sinful--He gives me new ones that are pure and good.

Not only has He planted the seeds of this adoption; He has also knit Eliza in our hearts. She is not born of our flesh but she is born of our hearts. Only God can touch a heart this way.

Can you tell I'm amazed by Him? My prayer is that you will be too.

No comments: