Image

Image

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, and Hutong Tour





Today was another busy day. We left early this morning for Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City. We were surprised that Tiananmen Square was smaller than we expected and the Forbidden City was a lot bigger than we thought. The buildings were amazing. If not for all the tourists we would have thought we had time traveled. We then went on a rickshaw for a tour of Hutong. That was the best part of the day. We were able to visit a man in his home and interact a little with the people. Toby is learning some Chinese phrases and tries to start conversations. I am not as advanced in the language but did master chopsticks at dinner last night. We are truly enjoying China. I can already tell that we will miss it when we come home.

Two of the families in our group received their children yesterday. Both of the children are from Beijing and are 4 years old. They are so sweet. The parents are just glowing with happiness. Tomorrow we will finally get to hold Eliza. We leave for the airport at 5:15 am and will get her at 2:30 pm. God has blessed us in so many ways on this trip and we are anxious to see what He will do next. HERE WE COME BABY!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tomorrows the big day! I am so thrilled! You are all in my prayers! -Roxanne

Anonymous said...

I just was looking at your blog to see when you're coming back and realized you're updating from China! Glad to hear you made it safely, and I can't wait to see tomorrow's update!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I have always wanted to go on a Huotong tour... it just seems so interesting...

Amy H said...

We are so excited for you! I couldn't sleep so I came here to check your blog...I think you should be meeting your baby girl right about now, I'm thinking!!
Paul Tang spoke on China today at Westside. It was very moving; you will have to get the recording.
Love and prayers...Amy H.